Thursday, July 22, 2010

A friend reminded me about The Super Six. These are the six rules I have when it comes to my own dating experience.

1. I will never drop the L bomb first, even when I'm sure I'm in love.
2. I will never date a man shorter than me when I'm wearing flats. I just can't be attracted to that.
3. If he treats his mother/sisters like shit, don't even bother.
4. I don't tolerate bullshit on his end. I try to not dish it, I won't receive it. When you say you'll call in three days, you better call because chances are I'm on to someone else.
5. I'm awesome and worth your best. So bring your best. The moment I put more into a relationship than I receive, it is over.
6. If you Dutch Oven me, you're investing in an engagement ring. Tomorrow.

I'll start backwards. Number 6. Um, under no circumstances is this acceptable. Like really. I've never heard of someone actually enjoying this. Dutch oven, not engagement. I've heard that's a great thing. The jury's still out but hey. Anyway, yes if you are comfortable enough to have that thought pop into your brain, I worry. It's just never a good idea.

Numbers 4 and 5 pretty much go hand in hand. I'd like to consider myself to be a chill person who is happy to lounge around and do nothing. However, there are certain things that require punctuality and cooperation. And yes, I get easily frustrated if those needs aren't met. I'm only human and I understand that there are times of conflict. I'm just saying that if it's a constant battle for a guy's attention, I just can't handle it. Guys, think about it: the video games aren't going to blow you, but a girlfriend more than likely will. We have separate times, things to do and enjoy, and that's wonderful. If you invite me over, I just sort of expect to not be staring over your shoulder listening to the oh-so-wonderful sounds of BioShock 2. At least offer to let me play.

Number 3 is a lesson that all women I believe should follow. If he treats the women that have been there the longest like utter crap, run away. Chances are he'll eventually do the same to you. Most guys love and respect their mothers and try to protect their sisters. It's genetic to do so. So it's against nature for them to do otherwise.

Number 2 is shallow but I won't apologize for that. I just happen to want a tall guy so that I won't feel like a behemoth when I wear heels next to him. I know it's the 21st century and we're supposed to be this new progressive society and look past our physical features. There's something so wonderful about looking up and gazing into a man's eyes. It's so girly and silly of me to say that but it's the truth.

Number 1. I have broken that rule once. Now I know what it must be like for a guy to just say it. It's such a huge risk and frankly, I can go back to being a coward. It's not something I want to do again.

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment